Bill Payment Options
The City of Austin offers a variety of payment options so you can pay your bill conveniently.
We encourage you to pay online using the City of Austin Utilities Online Customer Care website. It’s easy and it’s free.
You can also pay by phone, by mail, or at an authorized pay station, or you can have your payment automatically drafted from your bank account.
- Pay Online — Use the City of Austin Utilities Online Customer Care website to pay online.
- Pay by Phone or Web — If you need to make a payment immediately to stop disconnection, you can use Quick Payment on the phone or online.
- Pay by Mail — Send a personal check, cashier's check, or money order to pay by mail.
- Pay in Person or at a Drop Box — Visit one of our two Utility Service Centers, an authorized pay station, or community drop boxes.
- Sign up for Autopay — Have your bill automatically drafted from your bank account.
Pay Using Quick Payment
Use a credit or debit card to pay quickly online without registering. Processing fees will apply. You will need a copy of your City of Austin Utilities bill on hand for the transaction. There is a convenience fee assessed for each Quick Payment. When you pay your bill using Bill Matrix or Acculynk, you are leaving the Austin Energy website.
Need to Make a Payment Arrangement?
A payment arrangement allows City of Austin utility customers the opportunity to pay off a past-due bill balance, to keep their utility accounts in good standing.
Need to Enroll in Budget Billing?
- Sign up for Budget Billing — Pay an average amount each month.