Green By Design Workshop
Austin Energy Green Building holds its one-day Green
by Design workshop four times a year. Austinites preparing to build, buy, or remodel a home can learn how to improve energy and water efficiency, increase comfort, and reduce maintenance.
The workshop will be held on Saturday, November 6, from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. The workshop will be located at The Commons Center, JJ Pickle Research Campus,10100 Burnet Road, Austin, Texas 78758.
Space for this workshop is limited. We strongly suggest that you register as early as possible to guarantee your seat.
To register for the next workshop, print the Registration
Form (pdf), fill it out and fax to (512) 482-5441; or e-mail. Registration fee is $35 per person.
Deadline for registration:
Wednesday, November 3, by 5:00 p.m. Sorry, there is no registration
at the door.
The workshop is offered at just $35 per person. It includes:
- A full day of instruction with Austin Energy Green
- A comprehensive workbook, Green by Design
- Free advice from local green building professionals
- Continental breakfast, lunch, and break
- A chance to win cool door prizes from local green businesses
What You Will
This workshop will give you an overview of the green building process. You’ll come away with a framework for making better design and building decisions, including:
- Assessing what your family needs in a home
- Choosing a designer and builder
- Selecting a lot or making the most of the one you have
- Increasing comfort and reducing utility bills
- Making smart material and appliance choices
- Developing a beautiful landscape that saves water, time,
- Creating a home that benefits your family and the planet
Green By Design Instructors
Instructors are Austin Energy Green Building staff. They are design, building, engineering, and landscaping professionals with many years of experience in homebuilding and remodeling.