Power Partner Thermostats
Get an $85 Rebate
Receive an $85 rebate when you enroll an Austin Energy approved Internet-connected thermostat in the Power Partner Thermostat program. You can get a rebate for each approved thermostat enrolled.
Power Partner Thermostats
Free Thermostats Program
If you participated in the free thermostat program and need support, please call (877) 549-2774 or select Prior Thermostat Offering for more information.
Benefits for You and Austin Energy
Your participation can help the community lower summer power demands, prevent power outages, and delay the need to build new power plants. The thermostat can help you manage your energy use and comfort, even when you are away from home. The additional control offers more opportunities to save money by saving energy.
How It Works
In summer, when the demand for electricity is highest, we will briefly adjust thermostat settings or cycle off your air conditioner. Typically these adjustments will be for about two hours in the afternoon on only about 15 weekdays. Youíll find more program information on the vendor links provided below.
If you donít like the adjusted temperature on a particular day, you can change it by following the instructions provided on your thermostat or on your thermostat Web account.
How to Get Your Rebate
Make sure you meet the Prerequisites and Requirements.
Enroll an Austin Energy approved Internet-connected thermostat.
Follow the instructions that come with your thermostat.
- Install it and connect it to the Internet.
- Use your computer or smart phone to register your thermostat and
create a thermostat Web account.
- After you register your thermostat, you can enroll the thermostat in Austin Energyís program on the vendorís web page at the links provided below, or follow the instructions you receive via email from the
You will receive your rebate check within eight weeks of applying.
Austin Energy Approved Internet-connected Thermostats
Below is our current list of approved thermostats. We expect to add more, so check back often for the latest list.
- You must be an Austin Energy residential customer; multifamily and commercial accounts do not qualify.
- Your cooling system and connected thermostat must be in the Austin Energy service area.
- You must have a wireless network with Internet access at the thermostat’s location.
- You can use only an Austin Energy approved Internet-connected thermostat.
- You must have a standard air conditioning system (split system, package unit, or heat pump).
- The heater component may be gas or electric.
- Your air conditioning equipment must be no larger than 10 tons.
- Your air conditioning equipment must be in good mechanical condition and controlled by an approved, communicating thermostat device.
Funding is limited and available only to Austin Energy customers on a first-come, first-served basis. Offerings are subject to change without notice.
Participation in this offering is not recommended if someone in your home is experiencing serious health problems.
For More Information
If you have questions, call (512) 482-5346 or email Power Partner Thermostats.
Saver™ Program—Saving Energy Together