|ECAD Ordinance for Commercial Owners
Compliance Reporting Options
Better understanding of your building’s characteristics helps Austin Energy design programs that will allow the City of Austin to fulfill the energy efficiency goals established in the 2007 Climate Protection Plan.
City Code requires you to continue to calculate an energy use rating on an annual basis and report by June 1 of each year.
ECAD Reporting with ENERGY STAR® Online Portfolio Manager
The EPA has provided the ENERGY STAR® Online Portfolio Manager to help you benchmark your building and report your building’s rating to comply with the city’s ECAD ordinance.
Overview and Training
- Learn how to benchmark your building and create a Portfolio Manager login (pdf)
- View recorded webinar training (requires a Portfolio Manager login and either Java or WebEx installation)
- View training presentation (pdf)
Reporting Options and Login
There are two reporting options available for you to choose from: Enhanced Report and Minimum Compliance Report. Please note that the data you submit in both reports may be subject to disclosure under the Texas Public Information Act.
Option 1 – Enhanced Report (Recommended)
The Enhanced Report shares more information about your building with Austin Energy than the Minimum Compliance Report. Your building’s energy data will help us improve our customer rebate programs. You’ll need at least 12 full months of energy data, from January 1, 2012 to December 31, 2012. See How to Benchmark Your Building/Facility (pdf) for detailed instructions.
Ready to comply with Commercial ECAD and submit an Enhanced Report? Go to Portfolio Manager now
Option 2 – Minimum Compliance Report
The Minimum Compliance Report shares less information about your building with Austin Energy than the Enhanced Report. You’ll need at least 12 full months of energy data, from January 1, 2012 to December 31, 2012. See How to Benchmark Your Building/Facility (pdf) for detailed instructions.
Minimum information includes: owner name, facility name, address, county, total square footage, facility type, benchmark rating score, and current site energy intensity use.
Ready to comply with Commercial ECAD and submit a Minimum Report? Go to Portfolio Manager now
Instructions for Releasing Your Report to Austin Energy
Follow these instructions when you are ready to release your report to Austin Energy. You must login to the ENERGY STAR® Online Portfolio Manager from one of the reporting links listed above, and complete all of the following steps.
- Select Facilities or Groups.
- Select Location.
- Put a check mark next to the facilities with 75,000 square feet that need to be reported.
- Select Save.
- Select Release Data.
- Enter your contact info in the required fields designated with an *.
- Select Release.
- When you are asked to confirm to the data release, select Yes.
- To receive a confirmation email of your submission, enter your email address or email addresses separated with a comma (,) or a semi-colon (;).
- Select the file type as Excel.
- Select Done.
You will receive an email confirmation and an Excel attachment of the report that you submitted for your files when you are done.
Get the latest Commercial ECAD news with email updates. Sign up now