We provide reflective roof rebates to Austin Energy customers as part of our Commercial offerings. If you would like to apply for this rebate, please review our information below and email your request to Commercial Rebates. Be sure to include your name, telephone number, and the name of your business in the email. An Austin Energy representative will contact you to get started.
- The existing ceiling and roof system must have an
overall R-value of R-11 or less to qualify.
- The insulation added to the ceiling system must
be R-8 or greater. Blown-in or loose fill insulation
placed above lay-in ceiling does not qualify.
- Air-conditioning supply and return paths located
above the ceiling must be ducted.
- Furr-down and knee wall cavities must be insulated.
- The existing ceiling and roof system above the conditioned
space must have an R-value of R-11 or less to qualify.
- The insulation must be installed between the roof
surface and the conditioned space.
- The insulation added to the roof system must be
R-8 or greater.
- The existing roof must not be a reflective roof.
- The reflectiveness of the coating must be measured by test methods ASTM E424-71, E903-96, C1549-04, E1918-97 or a solar spectrum reflectometer and have a minimum reflectivity of 75%.
- ASTM test result data verifying the 75% reflectivity
must accompany the rebate application.
Funding is limited and is offered only to Austin Energy customers on a first-come, first-served basis. The offering is subject to change without notice.
Saver™ Program — Saving Energy Together