Direct Residential Loan
Austin Energy Conservation
phone: (512) 974-7827
The Home Performance with
ENERGY STAR® Program is recognized by the EPA and Department
with ENERGY STAR®
Apply for a low-interest loan with ease. Energy efficiency improvements can help you save money, improve comfort, and conserve resources. Attractive financing through Velocity Credit Union can help cover the costs of your energy improvement investment.
We offer two Standard Loan options:
- Choose Loan Option 1 with interest rates as low as 0% when you make all of the recommended improvements, plus replace your existing air conditioner with an energy-efficient one.
- Choose Loan Option 2 with interest rates as low as 1.9% and select the improvements you want from the list of recommended energy efficiency measures.
You can apply for a loan up to $15,000 for 10 years. Low-interest loans are unsecured and do not require a lien on the property.
Learn more about available financing from Velocity Credit Union, contact a participating Home Performance with ENERGY STAR® company for more information, or fill out a Velocity loan application now
These loans can cover the following improvements:
- Installing a new central AC or heat pump system – 15.0 SEER/12.5 EER or higher (Requires system performance testing.)
- Converting window unit(s) to a central AC or heat pump system
- Adding attic insulation up to R-38 (Requires system performance testing.)
- Repairing and sealing leaking ducts (Requires system performance testing.)
- Caulking and weather stripping
- Installing Low-E glass, solar screens, or window film
- Installing attic radiant barrier reflective material (Optional) (Qualified products only.)
- Installing compact fluorescent lighting (CFL)
- Installing water heater pipe wrap insulation
Eligibility Requirements for the Home Performance with ENERGY STAR Program
- The residence must receive electric service from Austin Energy, with service provided at residential rates.
- Only the owners of a single-family home, condominium, town home, duplex, triplex, fourplex, or rental property are eligible.
- The residence cannot be a mobile or manufactured home.
- All energy efficiency improvements must be performed by a participating Home Performance with ENERGY STAR company. All participating companies are required to provide a minimum one-year warranty on all materials and workmanship.
Si le gustaría recibir esta información en español, llame a Austin Energy al (512) 974-7827.
Saver™ Program—Saving Energy Together