Electric Ride Program
You can help Austin to become one of the most livable cities in the country if you choose electricity as your transportation fuel.
Electric Ride Options
Riders can choose from a variety of electric bikes, scooters, mopeds, motorcycles or Segways. How these two-wheel electric vehicles are powered can vary.
- All vehicles are powered with an electric motor.
- Some vehicles use a combination of human and electric power.
- Some vehicles, like the motorcycle, use only electric power.
Speeds can range from 10 to 50+ miles-per-hour depending on the two-wheel electric vehicle.
Benefits for electric vehicle riders
When you choose electricity as your transportation fuel, you can save money on transportation and maintenance costs. Additionally, use of a two-wheel electric vehicle helps you to:
- Reduce the amount of pollutants into the air—about 98% fewer in comparison to gas powered cars
- Have a convenient option for driving on work campuses, parks, universities, or for close-in commutes
- Increase the visibility and awareness of electric modes of transportation
Special Incentive Offer
Austin Energy is offering $50 to $300 to eligible customers for the purchase of a qualifying electric bike, scooter, moped, motorcycle, or Segway. The amount of the incentive varies depending on the price of the two-wheel electric vehicle plus the mileage range per electric charge.
Where to purchase
All qualifying two-wheel vehicle purchases must be made through an Austin Energy-approved dealership.
Approved dealers carry a variety of electric bikes, scooters, mopeds, motorcycles and Segways in a variety of makes and models.
To test drive an electric two-wheeled vehicle, visit an approved dealership.
Become an approved dealer
If you would like to become an approved Electric Ride Program dealer, complete a dealership application.
Join us on Facebook for plug-in electric vehicle news, updates & events.