As more Austinites choose plug-in electric vehicles, the demand for charging infrastructure at workplaces, retail locations, and multifamily properties increases. Installing a charging station will help you attract customers, tenants, and offers a benefit for employees.
Currently there are more than 110 Plug-in EVerywhere stations at 57 locations. Contact Austin Energy to find out how to connect privately hosted charging stations to the Plug-in EVerywhere network. Locate station locations on
Benefits to Businesses
- Utility billing and operation- Austin Energy handles all billing-related matters for your charging station
- Utility maintenance- AE provides contractors to check, clean and perform maintenance, as needed, on the station
- GreenChoice®-All stations are powered by renewable energy; a great amenity for your employees, customers or tenants.
Steps to Get Ready
- Poll your employees and customers. Guage the interest level by asking “Who already owns a PEV?” and “When might an employee or customer buy one?”
- Contact Austin Energy. Email us your request and we will help get you on your way to understanding electric vehicles, their charging technology and the costs involved. We can also guide you through charging business models and help you find a licensed and experienced contractor.
- Join our network. Become a part of Austin Energy’s Plug-In EVerywhere™ network and your station will be connected to our network of over 100 stations at more than 50 locations.
Contact us at email@example.com for more information about options for business properties.
Business property station hosts must sign a station host agreement to join the Austin Energy Plug-In EVerywhere™ network.
Learn more about our station host agreement. You can also stay connected through our e-newsletter, The Current.
Email us with questions.
Join us on Facebook for plug-in electric vehicle news, updates & events.